Koç University Chemistry Department invites applications for the Laboratory Instructor position starting in January 2023. The Laboratory Instructor establishes a positive learning environment for undergraduate students, ensures the laboratory's smooth operation, and teaches undergraduate laboratories within the scope and guidelines established by the department.
The laboratory instructors will be responsible for preparing and teaching undergraduate chemistry laboratories; grading laboratory reports/exams/quizzes; training and supervising undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants; composing and revising laboratory manuals and instructional materials; suggesting and implementing improvements to laboratory facilities, setting up and maintaining technical equipment; teaching managing laboratory inventory, initiating and following-up purchases; and conducting research under the supervision of a chemistry faculty member.
The successful candidates are required to:
– have a good knowledge of spoken and written English;
– hold a PhD degree in Chemistry or related fields;
– have hands-on experience with the major experimental chemical methods, characterization and instrumentation;
– have an excellent command of and commitment to laboratory safety procedures;
– have a strong desire to work with students and do research;
– have initiative, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills;
– previous experience in teaching laboratory components of chemistry courses;
– previous experience in teaching organic chemistry laboratories is desirable.
Applications should consist of a cover letter emphasizing the skills and experience, a current CV and the names of three references.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to:
Professor Havva Funda Yagci Acar
Dean, College of Sciences
Applications submitted by October 15, 2022, will receive full consideration, with later applications reviewed as needed until the position is filled.Detaylı Bilgi