Koç University, Molecular Biology & Genetics Department (MBGE) invites applications for a Laboratory Instructor position starting in Fall 2023. The Laboratory Instructor establishes a positive learning environment for undergraduate students, ensures the smooth operation and long-term management of the laboratories and its equipment while preparing and teaching undergraduate laboratories within the scope and guidelines established by the department.
The laboratory instructor will be responsible for preparing and teaching undergraduate molecular biology and genetics laboratories; grading laboratory reports/exams/quizzes; training and supervising undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants; composing and revising laboratory manuals and instructional materials; suggesting and implementing improvements to laboratory facilities, setting up and maintaining technical equipment; managing teaching laboratory inventory, initiating and following-up purchases; and doing research under the supervision of an MBGE faculty member.
The successful candidates are required to:
– hold a PhD degree in Molecular Biology & Genetics or related fields;
– have a good knowledge of spoken and written English;
– have hands-on experience with the major experimental methods & characterization instrumentation;
– have excellent command of and commitment to laboratory safety procedures;
– have strong desire to work with students and do research;
– have initiative, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills;
– Previous experience in teaching laboratory components of molecular biology and genetics courses and in experimental research are desirable.
Applications should consist of a cover letter emphasizing the skills and experience; a current CV; and the names of three references.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to:
Professor Funda Yağcı Acar
Dean, College of Sciences
Applications submitted by April 01, 2023, will receive full consideration, with later applications reviewed as needed until the position is filledMore information