The laboratory instructors will be responsible for preparing and teaching undergraduate chemistry laboratories; grading laboratory reports/exams/quizzes; training and supervising undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants; composing and revising laboratory manuals and instructional materials; suggesting and implementing improvements to laboratory facilities, setting up and maintaining technical equipment; managing teaching laboratory inventory, initiating and following-up purchases; and doing research under the supervision of a chemistry faculty member.
The successful candidates are required to:
– hold a PhD degree in Chemistry or related fields;
– have a good knowledge of spoken and written English;
– have an in-depth knowledge in all areas of chemistry;
– have hands-on experience with the major experimental chemical methods & characterization instrumentation;
– have excellent command of and commitment to laboratory safety procedures;
– have strong desire to work with students and do research;
– have initiative, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills;
– Previous experience in teaching laboratory components of chemistry courses and in experimental chemistry research desirable.
Applications should consist of a cover letter emphasizing the skills and experience; a current CV; and the names of three references.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to:
Professor Levent Demirel
Dean, College of Sciences
Applications submitted by June 30, 2019, will receive full consideration, with later applications reviewed as needed until the positions are filled.