KOC University is currently seeking a full time EM (Electron Microscopy) Specialist
for Electron Microscopy Laboratory located in Rumeli Feneri Campus. This person will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of samples using aberration-corrected Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and Focused Ion Beam/Phase Contrast Microscope (FIB/SEM).
- Preparation, imaging, processing, and analysis of samples with TEM, FIB and SEM for faculty and internal/external users.
- Assisting with data entry, sample review, and maintenance/calibration of laboratory instrumentation/equipment
- Training new users and other users in the use of equipment in the facility and data collection software as well as in the sample preparation techniques
- Maintaining high standards in safety, health, and environmental procedures
- Communicating with stakeholders, such as technical peers within faculty and industry, to efficiently meet technical goals.
- Bachelor’s and Graduate degree in Earth and/or Life Sciences, and Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience on operating an aberration-corrected TEM.
- Experience using TEM microscopes, FIB systems, and SEMs
- Experience managing sample preparation for cryo-EM studies
- Experience with the maintenance of TEM microscopes
- Good laboratory practice experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or equivalent office software.
- Basic understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral and written communication fluently in English, and organizational skills,
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, design experiments, and analyse data